- Hours of Operation —
KVRTA's fixed route system operates seven days a week, from
4:30am through 1:00am, depending on the route.
- Holiday Schedule —
KVRTA is officially closed and operates NO buses on July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day.
- Sunday service levels will be provided on Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Accessibility — All KVRTA buses and vans, with the exception of trolleys, are wheelchair accessible. The buses are equipped with a kneeling feature that allows the operator to lower the steps making the bus easier to board. Buses are equipped with a wheelchair lift platform that lowers to the curb to lift a wheelchair onto the bus. Passengers with other mobility limitations or those who cannot navigate the steps may request to use the platform. If you need to use the lift platform, station yourself five feet back from the curb. If the bus cannot pull next to the curb because of obstacles, you will have to board from the street. Operators are trained to assist passengers in securing wheelchairs. Service animals are welcome.
- KAT — KVRTA offers a demand response, curb-to-curb transportation service for eligible passengers (based upon criteria established by the Americans with Disabilities Act) who are unable to utilize the regular KVRTA Fixed Route service. For more information on how to qualify for Kanawha Alternative Transportation (KAT) service, please call (304) 343-0489.
- For safety’s sake, please be seated after boarding the bus and remain seated at all times.
- After ringing the bell for destination, stay seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- When boarding or exiting the bus, use extreme caution on steps and around the doors.
- Do not attempt to cross the street in front of the bus after exiting and wait for traffic to clear before crossing.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn while riding the bus.
- Litter receptacles are located at the front of the bus. Please help us keep our buses clean!